Use favicon images to make your blog stand out
A guest post by Jennifer Lee.
Are you a passionate blogger and want your blogs to be read by the world?
If yes, you definitely need your blog to be different from the rest with an amazing writing style.
The internet has lots of competition from all around the world, so you need to do something that makes you stand out from the crowd.
Ask yourself ‘What separates makes my blog from the others?’. Once you’ve found this out, no one can stop you from reaching your zenith as a successful blogger.
There can be more ways to make it attractive like….Wait!
Have you heard about favicon images?
When you hear the words ‘Google Chrome’ or ‘Mozilla Firefox’, what is the first thing that you think about?
I bet you visualise the browser’s icon in your head. This is because the icon is much more famous than the browser itself.
This is what favicon images are; the small graphic that represents the brand or company.
One way to make your blog successful is to add your own favicon. These favicon images are also shortcut icons that enable people to recognise your brand or the website.
How do you make a favicon?
There are many different online tools that can create favicon images for your blog. Remember this is a kind of identification icon, so make sure it reflects your blog or is at least related to it.
There are certain specific criteria you should keep in mind while creating your favicon. However, you do not have to be a graphic designer; there is various software available to complete the task.
- Format – this needs to be compatible with the website, and can be JPG, PNG or even GIF.
- Size – this software will give specific size details when you create it. However, make sure the detail can be seen properly when very small.
- Hyperlink – you have to make your browsers know you have created one. Find an appropriate plugin or choose a theme that can accommodate a favicon.
- Colours – choose one that looks glamorous and attractive, such as red or orange. Make it vibrant, as dull colours won’t catch the eye of your target audience.
How beneficial can favicon images be for your blog?
Research reports that images are more digestible to brains than words. Favicon images help people with multiple tabs open to identify your website. Therefore the first advantage of a favicon is making it easier for your readers to identify your blog.
Credibility is also very important. A proper favicon for your blog boosts its trustworthiness. It shows you have made an effort to make your blog different from others.
Favicon images play a crucial part in building brand awareness. An image that solely belongs to you is your blog’s identification, allowing you to stand out from the crowd. It increases your blog’s visibility too, for example, when readers bookmark your posts for later. An attractive favicon will encourage them to revisit your site.
So, what’s next?
Once more people visit at your blog because of its favicon, this will change the whole scenario of your blog marketing. This is an indication you’ve managed to become a successful blogger.
About the author
Jennifer Lee is a blogger & academic essay help expert at MyEssayHelp.co.uk. She writes for a wide variety of topics including Digital Marketing, Health, Fitness and Technology and knows every bit about blogging and other tools that boost marketing.
Latest posts by Alice Elliott (see all)
- Healthy tips for bloggers who work from home all day - 16 April 2019
- How freelance creatives can minimise risk - 15 April 2019
- What the best authors can teach us about blogging - 14 April 2019
- How to take care of your eyesight as a blogger - 19 March 2019