4 top tips to promoting your blog to a wider audience
A post by Carol Trehearn.
Blogging is one of the most popular marketing techniques to promote your company and brand message to a wider audience.
By creating content, you’re providing customers with relevant and exciting information which caters to their specific interests. There is the potential to reach a wider audience and establish yourself as a leader in the field.
However, to achieve these benefits, you’ll need to promote your blog with the best possible methods.
If you’re not an expert in marketing, you will need to know how to achieve the widespread attention your blog deserves. Here are 4 methods to make a note of:
Allow search engines to find your website
You’ll need your blog to be seen by a wider audience. So you’ll need to change your privacy settings and index your blog content to make it visible to the biggest search engines such as Yahoo, Google, and Bing.
You’ll also need to find popular keywords which are similar to whatever your target audience is browsing for on the search engines.
It’s important to focus on a couple of long-tail keywords with supporting keywords which are not considered as spam by search engines. Use these target keywords in the title to gain extra visibility.
Learning the basics of SEO will stand you in good stead when it comes to promoting your blog online.
Networking to a wider audience
Networking can be a daunting prospect for both business owners and amateur bloggers. It takes time, energy, and confidence to make connections and promote your creation to others.
However, networking is an essential aspect of building your audience and opening the door to feedback for possible improvements.
There are many ways you can network to enhance the readership of your blog. Such as joining social media blog groups in Facebook or joining other discussion forums.
You could even go about creating custom designed business cards with your blog details included, which you can hand out to professionals, employees and friends.
Use social media
Social media is the perfect way to drive traffic to your blog and potentially enhance its readership. To use social media to your advantage as a blogger, you could:
- Share content on Twitter and Facebook
- Add sharing buttons to your blog to encourage visitors to share your posts with their acquaintances
- Ask others to promote your blog via social booking sites, such as AllTop, Digg and StumbleUpon
Comment on other blogs
Blog commenting is another great method to get your blog seen by a wider audience. Although this is deemed to be an age-old technique, it’s still just as effective.
When you leave generous comments on other blogs, you’ll start to build profound connections and friendships with fellow bloggers.
Here are several ways you can use blog commenting to your advantage:
- Connect with other bloggers in your business field or niche
- Share your expertise and experiences within the comments you leave
- Share each other’s content to your follower base
What’s your method of finding a wider audience?
Let us know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Alice Elliott (see all)
- Freelance blogging work dried up? 5 quick steps to get back in business - 17 September 2021
- Top online money saving tools for savvy shoppers - 16 September 2021
- 5 best social media apps that will rule 2021 - 14 September 2021
- Importance of branded customer feedback - 27 August 2021